Computers are increasingly able to figure out what we’re feeling. A recent report predicts that the global affective computing market will grow from $12.2 billion in 2016 to $53.98 billion by 2021. The report by research and consultancy firm MarketsandMarkets observed that enabling technologies have already been adopted in a wide range of industries and noted a rising demand for facial feature extraction software.
Affective computing is also referred to as emotion AI or artificial emotional intelligence.
On this episode of the Big Bang Podcast I’m joined by Sergio Langarica, President of Netek – a neuro applications technology company, to talk about the future of emotionally intelligent technology.
Sergio has 20 years of experience in Information Technology ranging from Start-Ups to Global Players. He is an avid promoter of these industries in Mexico and abroad in various Board of Directors roles at the Mexican Chamber for the Electronics, IT and Telecommunications Sectors of Information Technologies.
Netek, based in Tijuana Mexico, has recently finished developing it’s technology after two years of R&D. Their first product, still in beta, is a an affective computing platform called Vibetek.
Below are some questions and our chat:
- Talk to me about Netek
- What is affective computing?
- Why does emotion recognition matter? How do businesses benefit?
- In what types of applications does emotion recognition have a big impact?
- What applications have caught your attention recently that use emotion recognition?
- Which industries have adopted affective computing faster and why?
- How do we combat people’s fear that emotion AI will replace them? And on the flip side, how do we combat consumers fear that this technology is to invasive to their privacy?
- How far are we from mass adoption from companies? What has to be true for the adoption to happen?
- What is your advice to B2C companies that want to embed emotion AI into their business? How do they get started? What strategies will lead to success?
- How can communities connect with NETEK?
We invite you to experiment using our API or download our app.
This interview was originally posted on Game-Changer.